7.11.2011


this is our godson. arlo redding. and i love this photo. being a godmother is very new to me and i am insufferably proud of the title. i try to drop the word godson into all manner's of conversation. like, when someone other than his parents reaches for him, i dutifully instruct, my godson prefers to be held belly to belly. or at the dinner table, oh this table cloth reminds me of a funny story about my godson. it's been a little weird, but i imagine my friends can forgive me the subtle boasting. because i have never been so honored as i have by arlo's parents. nick and i have already promised him a pony. which he must share with his sister. and trips to new england. and trips to the cape. and how to sail a boat. and how to drive a tractor. i love so very much that we are somebody's godparents. that that somebody i helped bring into this world. that that somebody is the most handsome baby boy you could ask for.  that that somebody's parents are two of our dearest most beloved friends.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand! I do this with my niece and nephew as well. :) I refer to myself as "Auntie" constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. arlo is beautiful! congratulations! i think everyone understands you dropping "godson" in conversation...where do they live? her blog is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They didn't make a movie after it for nothin' ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...