to top it off, we had a full moon and leading up to the moon the animals were in rare form.
1. i am so profoundly incompetent at photographing the night. but here is the moon. much less fierce than in person rising over the mountains, flooding the fields in her light.
2. nick (finally) dragged me to the cucumber corner and we were bombarded. pickling is the number one agenda today. now you know what to dread from me come christmas.
3. fiddlehead is always sleeping (see photo 13 for more). he slept through a welcomed beer break with neighbors as we all lounged on the front deck pretending we had not a care in the world.
4. the dr.bronner's swim up bar.
7. a perfect summer's sky.
8. thursday was a Three Pond Dip day. it was hot. we were flat out. and i have a theory that each pond dip is a reset button. yesterday i had to reset three times.
9. nick trying out dad's guitar.
10. taking down the yurt!
11. yogurt making.
12. drying the blueberries with sun-power.
13. those useless "barn" cats.
1. nate, the bull, in full moon form, kicking up dirt, shaking his horns and bellowing at us, blocking our access to winnie, when we went to fetch her these past two days for milking.
2. nate, running, like a little heifer calf, away from dad and nick spraying him with the hose, leaving winnie to us.
3. my precious little ewe lambs who were sprayed by a skunk wednesday night. shearing isn't for another 60 days but i'd love to hear any suggestions for this one.
4. the cock fight over a new hen. hackles up. talons flashing. nick wanting to let the animal kingdom take her course. me running between them yelling to break it up.
5. 4 separate dinners with new friends in the last week. such undeniable proof that we are making a new home for ourselves here.
6. trading lard for blueberry jam.
7. bathing the kittens in the pond.
8. getting a new bigger water for the pigs, filling it clear, and cold, and clean.
9. watching rose instantly and methodically, climb into the new trough and submerge her dusty self. blowing bubbles and leaving behind a muddied water, warm, and half emptied.
10. dad and his guitar playing for winnie and nick during milking.
11. a tractor bucket that, disappointingly, bent to the will of a tree.
12. the very torrid beginnings of farm/land hunting.