pictured, not pictured
1. Our South-sloped sundown sky.
2. I wonder if these two miss cuddling with Lucky fox as much as I do.
3. I planted these beets in MAY and completely forgot (read: ignored) them. We assumed they'd be woody and cow food by now, but they are tender and pink (and huge).
4. Best friends.
5. The squash is hiding under landscaping fabric next to the peppers. It was downright chilly on Monday night.
6. Nick walking Ted to greener pastures. Literally, walking towards better grass and will be joining the rest of our herd.
7. Everly once told me she wants a Pink Farm. I do too.
8. Yogurt snacks are for kittens.
9. Edamame and tomato harvest with the baskets Toby brought back from Tanzania.
1. Spots of Jack Frost on the pastures Tuesday morning. We have our work cut out for us this winter.
2. The eggplant pulled and tossed to the pigs. The End of That.
3. A rainy Saturday night filled with friends and whisky.
4. The sheep jumping out of their pen and helping themselves to new grass.
5. Me, in my pajamas with a headlamp, carrying out bedding hay to the pigs mid-night Monday for fear their Carolina bodies would be too cold in Vermont's sick joke of early September.
6. Leche (Ted's adoptive mama) bellowing at 11pm. Telling us Ted Escaped!
7. Me and my sweetheart in our pajamas (again!) chasing despicable Ted around in the pitch black after we found him IN MY GARDEN.
8. Fiddlehead-cat in my lap in the red canoe doodling around the pond (must get a picture).
9. The boys installed a grease tank in one of the trucks earlier this week. Cheers to a future of used veggie oil and not one of Oil oil.
10. Nick being a better milker than I.
11. The Tunbridge World's Fair tonight. It is the oldest running fair (apparently) in America and was only cancelled one year, and that was for the Civil War (so goes local legend).
12. The year's first bath. I indulged on Monday when it was Winter for a Night.
13. My bruised legs after this coming Saturday night. I am running in a 200 mile relay and will run about 30 miles in 24 hours with my own two feet. Good gracious wish us luck.
Posted by kate at 10:44 AM