pictured, not pictured
So, I thought I'd start off a back-to-the-blog with a visual and non-visual recount of what is happening here.
1. The snow that finally stuck.
2. The impossibly sweet natured baby that belongs to Noah and Meghan.
3. The first of the seed catalogues and a shamelessly out-of-season smoothie to match.
4. I have no excuse for how fat they have grown.
5. Pound cake; similarly I offer no excuse for how much I have grown.
6. Half the pile of books I have promised myself to this winter.
8. Nobody here will play chess with Nick. Which makes me feel guilty, but not guilty enough to learn to play.
1. The four chords of Wagon Wheel my sister taught me on the guitar. Played ad nauseam.
2. My one and only resolution to "learn" how to play said guitar this year.
3. Two barrels of cow water and their corresponding heaters left unplugged the night it dipped to -20°F.
4. Nick's frozen beard.
5. Frozen water pipes in our home, and a kitchen with the ensuing 2 1/2 days of mile-high dishes.
6. Thursday's fruitless search (in a string of many) for farmland to have and to hold as our very own.
7. A visit from the parents of the pictured baby.
8. A New Year's night of best friends congregating in Vermont and killer banh mi sandos for dinner.
9. Peeing outside in the middle of the night in subzero weather.
10. The clarity of the stars ogled at during the aforementioned pees.
11. The indignation of the sheep on being snowed in.
12. My excitement for my first weaving class tomorrow.
13. Eggs that freeze and crack before we have the chance to collect them.
I hope you are enjoying winter in whichever nasty or pleasant form it takes for you.
Posted by kate at 10:22 AM