7.13.2012

house over-run


no sooner do i celebrate the beauty of home than i realize that our home is being over-run. by tomatoes, and cucumbers, and beans and peas, all waiting consumption or canning. and by chickens. 3 at last count. one with a hurt leg. one we just adore and always let in (though, the whole chicken-on-bed lasted only as long as a photo before we shooed her away). and one who is hell bent on laying her eggs in the closet and then rearranging the bookshelf, desk, and kitchen counter with her spastic wings and feet.

this morning started with one of the lambs out and me muscling her back in, in my pajamas. and the rest of the day goes something like garden, sheep fence, garden, milking, garden, farmer's market, cow fence, garden.

happy friday.

10 comments:

  1. happy friday to you, too! which sheep got out? do you think it was an accident or a bold move?! gosh they are such lovebugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was ardea (the black one) gosh she is such a love bug, but i imagine she holds her self above the sheep law. ps. i miss you helping me with fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the picture of the chicken on the bed. I wish I could let my chickens come in the house but I don't think my cats would like it too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y-U-M! I would love my house to be overrun by tomatoes! LUCKY!

    xo Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How your life sounds good to me! I was inspire by the whole idea of eating better and making your food, made my first fresh goat cheese on the weekend. Now I just need a couple of goats! Did you ever try to let cheese mature or do you always make fresh cheese? I could use some advices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see that your garden is producing despite your misgivings at the beginning of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos as ever. happy friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome event! I really appericiated

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...