there are other animals on this farm aside from rose & a bunch of chickens
1. animal numbero uno, who, like a first child when the second is born, is continuously overlooked. i can't count how many nights we're lying in bed and one of us asks the other did you feed rudy at all today? neither of us can ever say for sure.
2. rose is far & away the most rotten spoiled of the pigs, but we have hundreds, literally, they live in shady pastures with good wallows all around us.
3. this is winter. she is a busy body. and a clear example of the origin of the word goatee.
4. a narragansett turkey tom. part of our turkey breeding stock. he thinks he's beautiful, so we'll just leave it at that.
5. very clearly not an animal, but i thought i'd give your eyes a bit of a rest
6. this is edelweiss being a terror.
7. favorite rooster. i would like to make a dress out of his feathers. i have told him this, and since then he keeps me out of arm's reach. i had to use the telescopic lens for him.
8. we have a couple hundred red devon & black angus cows. i never know how many there are or which pasture to find them in, they roam the 500 acres around us, so this was a lucky shot.
9. april, the goat, gave birth to kids this afternoon. boy & a girl. i got to carry them out of the field and into a pen....this was the highlight of my day, but it also left meconium all over my new goodwill farm shirt. a fast way to welcome a new piece of clothing to the farm.
10. a gratuitous shot of rose and me looking plainly insane.
Posted by kate at 7:15 PM