another working weekend gone. one week through june and we are as hot as can be. i am getting overly and prematurely nostalgic for this farm. for this good southern state. for these animals. for these southern people. i can't believe we are just 2 months shy of leaving them. i'm hoping to Soak It All In as best as i am able.
for instance, today; morning with pascal & florence & rose all in the front yard all --more or less-- harmoniously waddling about while i read about root cellars. afternoon will be pool time with melissa & everly. evening will be pleading with said melissa to teach me how to put on eyeliner and braid my hair in between feeding and bathing and putting to bed deux bebes, as though she isn't busy enough. that is a good southern Soak It All In day for my dairy.
Soaking It In photos
1. pascal's first day in the pond. it was a good 20 minutes of him flapping about before nick reminded me of the thriving snapping turtle population we are harboring. i got rudy in there toute suite to serve as turtle bait.
2. what a LITTLE egg. found in the egg boxes on saturday. somebody is definitely not earning her keep.
3. ninja photo of us 2 on our way to raleigh for dindin with the jordans & a big bouquet of sage for melissa
4. my favorite corner of the bus. cleaned out all the nesting birds, sleeping cats, nosy wasps and daddy long-legs for miss molly who arrives first thing demain.
5. ahh i miss this bed. i miss this bus. i can't wait until the next time nick and i live in mobile housing.
6. i ate them all. no...maybe nick had 2. but i have an insatiable appetite for cookies at 7 am...so nick doesn't stand a chance.
7. rose diving for strawberries in a box of compost from the market
8. bathtime for a filthy farm mutt.
9. rosie-the-goat had her babies. a boy and a girl. they are delicious.