2.13.2012

a commercial...

julie sent me this today. a chipotle commercial she saw last night during the grammys. i've never eaten at chipotle but i have to say it seems like a pretty progressive chain for fast food.  a bunch of their managers came to visit our farm in north carolina so that they could see how pigs and cows ought to be raised (as in on Pasture and with Love). and we had a couple of chipolte managers swing by our farm store in boston last week to inquire about ordering wholesale veggies from us for them. i don't think this restaurant chain is stalking us. but i do think they are making some legitimate moves towards sourcing better quality foods. as in food that was raised properly.

and as julie predicted, this commercial made me tear up. though i'm such a horridly predictable target. nothing like pigs to push all my buttons.

i'm not trying to be a mouthpiece for chipotle. i don't particularly care if you ever patronize their restaurants. i certainly haven't.

i just ask, as always, that you support and love your local farmers. please.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally cried when I saw that commercial! I've never been to any of their restaurants, my Momma loves them, but after I saw the commercial, I thought they had really worked to earn that business. So yeah, I'll be checking out a Chipotle soon, they did their job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that such a big chain is making an effort to show people that it is important where your food comes from. I don't ever go there because their pinto beans aren't vegetarian, and that is my favorite bean for a burrito. I go to a local place that sources local too. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was SO sweet and i loved that Willie Nelson was the background voice. I'm pretty sure that Chipotle also helped to sponsor Food, Inc. (the local branches in Sacramento provided free showings of it in most theaters).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I watch this commercial all the time and cry...it reminds my of why I fell in love with farming. So cool that they visited you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this last night too and was *hopeful* that it wasn't just a gimmick like the Monsanto campaign I've been seeing. I'm so glad to hear that they're out visiting real farms. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gave me goosebumps! I loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was first deeply touched by this commercial's content, then enraged by it's sponsor. A fast food chain masquerading as a farming advocate? I loved the message but am extremely skeptical of it's sender but they fact they paid a visit to you dampens my ire a bit. I sincerely hope there's actual intent behind the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fashion photo shoot with pigs at the end of this post reminded me of you, but I think you could probably do a better one: http://www.emersonmade.com/2011/11/30/portugal-where-have-you-been-all-my-life-and-emersons-journal/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chipotle is super yummy, and I have always appreciated their efforts to be a progressive fast food chain. Wish there were more trying to go this route!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can comment! Hooray! ;)

    I came here to tell you that I got teary eyed too, even though before I clicked play I was all like... "I won't cry cause I'm so badass." Eating humble pie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Touched my heart, just like all the other posts I'm reading here. You've made the decision to make a difference, good for you. Blinders on, maybe even some earplugs... you're gonna make it! LOVE the way you write and what you say. Reading and reading and reading...
    come visit me on Granny Mountain in Arkansas!
    Joy C.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...