5.20.2011

from bed to chairs to hammock, and around again

i'm sick. i'm being a bit of a drama queen about it too. but there you have it. had-to-sleep-in-the-spare -bedroom-with-a-bucket sort of sick. i slept 18 hours or so last night...give or take...and today i made a modest appearance on the farm. four hours of limply holding the role of bailing twine while we strung tomatoes and a short stint planting basil in the raised beds.

but tonight, i feel obliged to rally. my favorite boys are coming to town to play a show and so i will take a much needed shower, put on a dancing dress and go have a gingerale on the rocks with my sweetheart. also, since the rapture is happening tomorrow (anyone know what time, exactly?) i am feeling a bit pressured to not stay in and watch modern family reruns.

photos:
1. saltines and lemon water, my panacea. rose decided today she loves saltines with a spot of jam.
2. over to the hammock when life seemed too overwhelming on the chairs. my failure-to-progress with dickens is only making me feel worse.
3. rose was very pleased with the blanket i discarded in the throes of my fever.

7 comments:

  1. I must say... you make sick look good.

    Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw so sad :(

    I hope you feel better.
    but I'm also a little jealous you've got a piglet to accompany your sick bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that first picture, my great grandmother all the way. saltines and lemon water were always on her porch. she, too, lived on a big farm with a big family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even while sick you manage to take the most wonderful pictures and capture your world so beautifully. That hammock looks like heaven! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind a hammock when I'm sick. :) Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all you kind ladies. i'm happy to report i am officially on the mend this monday-day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prime Garden Heritage Hammock Package from Bizarkdeal

    I love this Hammock! It came in a very large, very heavy box, but my husband and I were able to get it into the house together. The hammock comes in several pieces - 4 for the base, the hammock itself, the pillow, and the hammock topper/blanket. It took maybe 10 minutes to put all of the pieces in it and climb in. My husband and I along with our dog were all able to fit in the hammock and take a nap comfortably together.

    Our covered patio area is smaller than we like now because the hammock is so big. I guess I didn't realize how big 15 feet really is. However, the hammock is easy to take apart and store away when you need more room for guests, so no big deal. It's really comfortable and is going to be a mainstay on our patio!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...